AdMob Upstream Adapter
The following instructions apply to publishers looking to mediate their AdMob inventory to Verizon Media’s SSP.
Notice to Unity Engine developers: The Verizon Ads SDK can still deliver ads to Unity apps if you are mediating through AdMob by Google. AdMob automatically supports Unity so integrating our adapter ensures proper delivery on all ad formats.
Download and add the AdMob adapters
The AdMob-to-Verizon mediation adapters have been been submitted to the AdMob team for certification. The pull requests to AdMob’s open source adapter repositories can be found here:
The Verizon Ads SDK team has tested these adapters thoroughly, and they are ready for use in the field. In order to integrate the adapters, you need to:
- Add the Verizon Ads SDK to your app using the steps outlined in the Integration Guide
- Integrate the AdMob SDK
- Add the AdMob adapter files to your project
- For the Android AdMob adapters, copy the adapter files into the com.google.ads.mediation package of your application
- For the iOS AdMob adapters, drag the adapter files into Xcode. In the window that follows, copy items to the destination and add them to your project’s main targets
Please note that, in an effort to ease migration to the Verizon Ads SDK, these adapters will work with mediation groups that were configured to mediate to the legacy Millennial Media SDK. However, this legacy functionality is deprecated, and it is recommended that publishers start to migrate existing waterfall setups from Millennial or Nexage ad sources to the new supported Oath Ad Platforms (Verizon Media) ad source.
Choose Mediation from the AdMob portal sidebar.
- Click Create Mediation Group
- Select the Mediation Group’s ad unit format and platform, then scroll down to Ad sources and click Add Ad Network
- Select Oath Ad Platforms (Verizon Media) from the dropdown, add your expected eCPM, and click Continue
- Add your SSP Site ID and Placement ID and click Done