Android Standard Edition Release Notes
v1.13.0 - May 11, 2021
- Fixed bug with Skip button not working on skippable interstitial VAST videos
- Updated SDK to SSP Waterfall version 4.0.
- Updated SDK to SSP Reporting API version 5.0.
v1.12.1 - April 28, 2021
- Fixed reported version info for configuration.
v1.12.0 - April 26, 2021
- Fixed issue where gdpr value was sometimes being overwritten based on other privacy settings.
- Migrated components from Bintray to JFrog Cloud due to Bintray End of Life.
- Fixed issue on VAST Ads where if there is an orientation change the Video remains paused and if the skip button is not yet available the user gets stuck on the VAST View.
- Fixed issue with the VideoPlayer where an instance is loaded with a video asset but if it has not yet been bound to a Surface, the callback to onVideoSizeChanged results in an NPE.
v1.11.0 - March 31, 2021
- Replaced edition specific initialization API with edition agnostic API.
- Update to retrieve AAID synchronously at time of ad request.
- Fixed issue where SDK was incorreclty firing two volumeChange OMSDK events each time the mute or unmute button is tapped.
- Fixed issue where SDK was incorrectly firing OMSDK pause event after an AdSession was finished.
v1.10.0 - February 19, 2021
v1.9.0 - January 29, 2021
- Fixed NPE in VASAdsMRAIDWebView
- Fixed impression counting methodology discrepancy between native and banner creatives
- Updated native impression calculation based on its container rather than each individual component.
v1.8.2 - December 8, 2020
- Fix for VASAdsWebView crash
- Adding onRenderProcessGone override in VASAdsWebViewClient
v1.8.1 - October 8, 2020
- Fix for native click throughs on Android 11
- Updated IAB OM SDK partner name to “Verizonmedia”
v1.8.0 - September 1, 2020
- Certified against Android 11
- Updated placements so that ad requests are paused while the application is backgrounded
- Updated impression counting mechanism in inline, interstitial and native placements
- Updated Open Measurement SDK to v1.3.9
- Updated caching API
v1.7.0 - June 16, 2020
- Fixed intermittent crash when an SSP report is sent before the SDK is initialized
v1.6.0 - June 3, 2020
- Fixed crash with SSP reporter when payload gets large due to unavailable network connectivity
- Fixed crash on video player when restoring a video playback session
- Fixed crash when camera information is not available
- Fixed crash in ThreadUtils when app is shutting down
- Updated video ads to be muted when they are auto-played
- Updated VAST video ad loading timeout from 5 to 30 seconds
- Updated native component request timeout to 30 seconds
- Fixed bug on URI PEX that resulted in the onAdLeftApplication callback not being called on exit
- Updated log messages when OM SDK is not initialized
v1.5.0 - March 25, 2020
- Added ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE as a required permission in AndroidManifest.xml
- Fixed bug where mute and reply buttons are displayed under the video on Android 4.4
- Fixed memory leaks in WebView and Native Placement
- Fixed bug where OM SDK “resume” events were not being fired after app is brought back from background
v1.4.0 - February 10, 2020
- Added Bidding Token API to support upstream server-to-server bidding providers
- Added new environment metadata to ad requests to support native demand
- Added ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE as a required permission in the integration guide
- Fixed issue where US Privacy string needed to be set twice
- Fixed crash that could occur when VAST creatives contained missing Open Measurement parameters
v1.3.1 - January 22, 2020
- Fixed issue where native impression trackers were not fired when an ad was shown
v1.3.0 - December 10, 2019
- Replaced setConsentData(Map<String, String> consentData, boolean restrictedOrigin) with setPrivacyData(Map<String, Object> privacyData) in VASAds. See the Privacy Settings Guide for more details
- Moved Custom Targeting and Keywords data passing into the Extras map in RequestMetadata
- Updated Open Measurement SDK and JS to v1.2.20
- Fixed crash that occurred when fireImpression was called on a null inline ad instance
v1.2.1 - October 25, 2019
- Removed all permissions from the SDK’s “bundled” manifest except INTERNET
- Migrated from play-services-ads to play-services-ads-identifier
- Fixed crash that occurred when getExternalFilesDir returned null during ad load
v1.2.0 - September 26, 2019
- Certified against Android 10
- Changed placement cache behavior so that ads in the cache are now completely loaded and ready to be displayed
- Removed error log for missing omVendors parameters
- Fixed issue where inline ads in an expanded state were not automatically closed when destroyed
- Fixed issue where no-fills could be reported as errors
- Fixed crash due to VASTActivity NPE
v1.1.4 - July 29, 2019
- Fixed issue where attempting to initialize without a Site ID may result in a crash
v1.1.3 - July 1, 2019
- Fixed crash occurring when an interstitial ad was destroyed prior to the user dismissing it
v1.1.2 - June 27, 2019
- Internal release (not generally available)
v1.1.1 - May 15, 2019
- Added support for OM SDK measurement for Native ads
- Added support for Custom Chrome Tabs for web and native content
- Added a client-side video completion callback to the interstitial placement to support rewarded video publishers
- Updated Native Placement API to support upstream mediation
- Updated audio volume tracking to reduce code complexity
- Updated Google Play Services dependency to “compileOnly” to support apps with varying versions
- Fixed issue where placement cache requests would only return one ad
- Fixed issue where Creative Info was unavailable for Exchange ads
- Fixed crash due to VASActivity NPE
- Fixed issue where Google Advertising ID was not available on initial ad request
v1.1.0 - April 25, 2019
- Internal release (not generally available)
v1.0.2 - March 5, 2019
- Fixed issue where Site ID may not be sent on ad or bid requests
v1.0.1 - February 25, 2019
- GA release of the Verizon Ads SDK Standard Edition